1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, but into strips
1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies
1 medium onion, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped (or a mixture of red and green peppers)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 teaspoons chili powder
2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
Tortillas, sour cream, cheese, etc… (optional for garnish)
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking dish (yes it can fit into an 8×8 baking dish but it has to be in a 9×13 to evaporate the liquids properly).
2. In a large bowl, mix together chicken, tomatoes, chilies, peppers, and onions.
3. In a small bowl, combine the oil, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt.
4. Pour spice mixture over chicken mixtures. Stir to coat.
5. Dump everything into your greased 9×13. Spread evenly.
6. Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
7. Serve with warmed tortillas and other desired toppings.
Via: BS Recipes