This cake, studded with citrus candy, sets the mood for a fun time. Kids love to pick off and eat the fruit snack embellishments. Serving 10-12, this cake is perfect for a small party.
Makes: 10 to 12 servings, Prep: 45 mins, Cool: 30 mins, Bake: Per package directions
– 1 package one-layer-size package yellow cake mix
– 1/2 – 16 ounce can white frosting
– 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate pieces
– 2 tablespoons lemon drop candies
– 40 yellow fruit slice candies, orange fruit slice candies
– 9 green shoelace fruit snacks
– 1 green roll-up fruit snack
1. Prepare and bake cake in an 8-inch round pan according to package directions. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on a wire rack.
2. Place cake on circular platter. Frost cake using white frosting. Arrange chocolate pieces in a circle in the center of the cake. Place lemon drops in single circle around the chocolate pieces. Cut orange and yellow fruit slices horizontally in half lengthwise. Arrange the thin slices around the lemon drops and around the outside of the cake to resemble petals.
3. Arrange shoelace fruit snacks around the cake to resemble vines. Cut leaf shapes out of the green roll-up fruit snack and arrange atop green vines. Makes 10 to 12 servings.
Nutrition Facts (Sunflower Cake)
Servings Per Recipe 10, cal. (kcal) 367, Fat, total (g) 7, chol. (mg) 15, sat. fat (g) 2, carb. (g) 63, pro. (g) 3, vit. C (mg) 2, sodium (mg) 206, iron (mg) 0, Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
View more recipes at Better Homes and Gardens