Yield: 10 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 7 minutes
1 1/2 cups crushed salted pretzels
4 tablespoons white sugar
10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 cup granulated sugar
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip), thawed
1 (6 ounce) package strawberry flavored gelatin
2 cups boiling water
1 (16 ounce) package frozen sliced strawberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a medium bowl, combine the pretzel crumbs, 4 tablespoons sugar and melted butter. Stir with a fork until the butter is fully incorporated into the pretzel crumbs.
3. Spoon 2 heaping tablespoons of pretzel crust into the bottom of each of your jars. Press the crumbs gently into the bottom of the jars. Be sure not to pack them in too tightly or the crust will be difficult to eat.
4. Place the jars onto a baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for about 6 minutes. Allow the jars and crust to cool completely before layering in the filling.
5. In a medium bowl, beat the sugar, cream cheese and vanilla until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon filling into a piping bag with a round tip or simply snip the tip of the bag. Evening divide the filling between each jar. Place the jars into the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
6. In a medium bowl, stir together the gelatin mix and boiling water. Stir in frozen strawberries. Place the bowl into the refrigerator for about five minutes. This will allow the gelatin to firm up a bit. Evenly spoon the gelatin between each the jars. Place jars back into the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. Serve chilled.
View more at My Baking Addiction