This breakfast will certainly bring a smile to anyone’s face first thing in the morning!
Ingredients for assembly:
– Plain Omelette (blanket)
– Cooked Brown Rice (bear)
– 1 Sausage link (body)
Step 1- Mold warm rice into balls. Two small balls for the ears and one larger one for the head. You can also mold an arm if desired. For snout, you can use either white rice or a small piece of mozzarella cheese.
Step 2- Cook your sausage link. Once fully cooked, place sausage under Teddy bear rice head.
Step 3- Cook up omelette. Once done to satisfaction, gently lay atop sausage up to the “neck”. You can also use a piece of the omelette for the egg. I made this dish again and made a mini pancake as the pillow.
This recipe is very easy. I used just a few simple ingredients available around you. But the only thing you need is patience! hehe
Rilakkuma (which means relaxing bear in Japanese) is a very popular character in Japan.
Omurice is omelette made with fried rice (ketchup flavored chicken rice) and usually topped with ketchup.
I know you all like Kyaraben (character bento) but I decided to make it on a plate since you might not have a bento box at home. Of course you can pack it in your bento box
Making Kyaraben is not that difficult. Just plan (draw picture) before you cook. Then you don’t have to spend a lot of time cooking. I spent more time planning than cooking.
Number of servings: 1
300g (10.5oz.) cooked rice
50g (1.8oz.) minced onion
2 tbsp. ketchup
1 tbsp. cooking oil
((Blanket & Pillow))
((Yellow Bird etc…))
black sesame seeds
sliced American cheese
Oshaburi Kombu (chewing Kombu kelp snack)
Heat cooking oil in a frying pan and saute the minced onion until tender. Add cooked rice and stir-fry. Then season with ketchup and salt.
((Blanket & Pillow))
Beat 2 eggs in a bowl. Heat cooking oil in a pan and make a thin omelette. If you don’t have a rectangle omelette pan, you can make a circle thin omelette and cut it later. *using 2 eggs, you can make 3 sheets of omelette: 1 spare one as a backup
1. Wrap some ketchup rice in a sheet of omelette to make a pillow.
2. Use a plastic wrap and form the ketchup rice into the body parts of Rilakkuma. Then put together.
3. Use a chicken nugget to make a Yellow Bird (Kiiroitori). Make a beak with carrot and black sesame seeds. Make (insert) feathers using Oshaburi Kombu. Make eyes with Nori sheet.
4. Decorate the details of Rilakkuma using sliced American cheese and Nori sheet.
5. Put a sheet of omelette blanket over them.
6. Garnish with sausages, cooked broccoli, and cherry tomato. Serve with ketchup if you like.